BEEF ALERT


YES!! We have beef brewing ladies and gentlemen! Okay, maybe not that Wescoast v. Eastcoast beef, but beef is beef and I'm not mad at it. Ludacris is getting back to his old IDGAF days as he goes in, presumably, on new schoolers Drake and Big Sean on his new track "Bada Boom". Long story short, the "beef" stems from both Drake and Big Sean commenting on the excess usage of the so called "Supa Dupa Flow" that Not-So-Big Sean popularized and Drake made ultra-mainstream ("Faded off the brown, Nino") You know, that #hashtag rap. Specifically, Drake commented on Luda's sub-par execution of the flow on Luda's single "My Chick Bad". And later, Sean agreed with Drizzy's assessment on MTV's Rap Fix:

“I think some artists just did it so wack man,” said Big Sean. “Every time I say names I get in trouble and it’s like I’m dissing, but some people used it wack. If he said Ludacris used it wack, hey.”

I know, i know "beef" ain't what it used to be people...but we gotta enjoy it while it's here. (And we'll ignore the fact that this all may be a lame attempt at promotion for Luda's mixtape/upcoming album). Although "I fill her up, balloons" wasn't exactly the illest line utilizing this flow, Luda wasn't just gonna let these young cats talk reckless without a response. Peep the vids...

"Bada Boom"



"Supa Dupa"


Some classic Luda that I'm posting cuz i feel like it...










0 comments:

Post a Comment