I still love H.E.R.


In 2006 with the release of "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" came the Teriyaki Boyz with their movie titled song "Tokyo Drift". Many took them as a joke because the song is, for my lack of vocabulary, poop. In 2007, they released a single called "I Still Love H.E.R." with production by Kanye West. This song, more serious, is actually an ode to hip hop. Though most of it is in Japanese (which I don't understand), there are parts in English that are song titles of older hip hop tracks. The song name itself is a refernce to Common's "I Used to Love H.E.R.", but the H.E.R is a pun in Japanese where the H stands for honto (本当), E stands for ii (いい) (the i in Japanese is pronounced like the English E), and R stands for rap. Other references I have found are:
Nas - Memory Lane
Biz Markie - Just a Friend
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y.
Ahmad - Back In The Day
Naughty By Nature - OPP
Puff Daddy - It's All About the Benjamins
The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By

There are probably more, but that's all I've noticed. Check out the video and see if you can hear any. (Sorry, seems I can't embed the video.)

http://youtu.be/yVRbBpvdRRg